Six intrepid riders (the Motley Crew), including yours truly, left Nonsuch park at 9.30am via Walton le Hill and then traversed the Downs Link to Shoreham led by the very able leader Tony Hooker. The trip was somewhat wet and became known as the ride of the punctures!! Gillian had one, I had one and Toni de made the distinction of having 4. Thus he got separated and found his way onto the A27 dual carriageway going towards Worthing, near Steyning. Having realised his mistake he reversed and got to Brighton station and was home by 5pm. Meanwhile the rest made it to Hove for tea. After a good sea food plata we managed to catch the 5.17pm train to East Croyden where I said goodbye and switched from platform 3 to 6 and within 5mins was on the train to Tadworth arriving home just after 7pm. This was my first begginers day ride and what will my broken hip and all that rain I found it very tough. My mileage 62mls and I must congratulate those who rode all the way from Nonsuch and then home from Croydon, must have been 80mls ?
It looks like John is giving Gillian a lecture but I think only a reminder to always carry a spare inner tube and a puncture repair outfit which we should all take note of!!
It looks like John is giving Gillian a lecture but I think only a reminder to always carry a spare inner tube and a puncture repair outfit which we should all take note of!!
No comments:
Post a Comment